The initial meeting for the 2013 storm chase is set for 7:00pm in 136 McBryde Hall on the Virginia Tech campus. This is a mandatory meeting for anyone interested in joining the 2013 trip to the Great Plains. If you cannot attend, contact me to make other arrangements. Everyone that has joined us in the past knows how quickly our departure will approach from this point onward, so it is important that we roll through this in short order. We hope to have the 2013 crew finalized in the next couple of weeks. Some of the crew will grab a quick bite to eat at Mike’s Grill on Main Street at 5:30pm and then walk over to McBryde. Join us if you can. Severe season is approaching, it’s nearly time to rock-n-roll. -Dave
- Pre-Trip Testing & APRS
- The Countdown Begins!
- Preparations for the 2015 chase
- Welcome 2015 Field Crew Members!
- 2015 Virginia Tech Severe Storms Field Course
- Looking back at 2014 Hokie Storm Chase
- Back home
- Tripleheader on Memorial day
- Patience, persistence pay off in SE New Mexico
- Lightning, flooding can be big hazards in storm chasing